Major in Italian Literature and Culture Requirements
The program for majors in Italian literature and culture consists of:
- 14 courses of which at least 10 must be courses offered by the Italian department
- Up to 4 others may be courses dealing with Italian culture offered by other departments, including one or more courses on literary theory.
- Courses taken outside the department must be approved by the Director of Undergraduate Studies.
- Of the 10 courses taken in the Italian department no more than 5 can be courses taught in English
- Of the 14 courses required for the major at least 8 must be on the 300 level
- 100 level courses do not count towards the major
Students returning from a study abroad program in Italy may receive up to 8 credits
(depending on the length of the program) if the contents of the courses taken abroad relates in a
substantive way to some aspect of Italian culture.
All returning students must take two 300 level courses in Italian in their senior year.
Contact: Director of Undergraduate Studies, Thomas Simpson.